What is Saksham Scholarship?
This scholarship is only for specially-abled students who take admission in AICTE approved colleges at degree/diploma. The amount is given to students up to 3 or 4 years as per its degree. Rs 50000/- per annum for every student.
This is the central MHRD scheme being implemented by the AICTE to encourage and support disabled students. This opportunity for all the specially-abled students for their bright future through technical education.
- For availing this benefit, the student should be admitted in the first year at degree level course or second year by lateral entry at AICTE approved college of the respective year.
- Family income should not be more than 8 lakh income per annum at the time of application. You have to disclose your family income certificate issued by the respective administration of the State/UT.
- The student must not have less than 40% disability.
HOW TO APPLY? When to Apply?
- The candidate who fulfills the eligibility criteria can apply for this scholarship. You have to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP), once the application process starts and notice on the AICTE portal.
- The college, where the candidate is studying, required to verify the applied online form of application.
- Department of Technical Education of respective state/ut will verify these applications at their own level for the verification.
- Once the application form is released, you may apply.
What is the last date of the Saksham Scholarship 2021 2022
The Last Date of the online application form was on 30 Nov 2021
The last date for Document Verification was 15 Dec 2021
The last date for Institute verification was on 15 Dec 2021
Q1. How many seats are available for applying for Saksham Scholarship?
Ans. There is no restriction on seats, everyone can fill the form and if you pass the criteria, you will avail of this benefit.
Q2. Is there any reservation for different caste students like Sc/St?
Ans. There is no reservation in this scholarship.
Q3. What is the Scholarship amount for the student?
Ans. Scholarship amount - Rs 50000/- per annum, for the next year, you have to verify again the form along with the promotion certificate from the head of the college on NSP for the second installment.
Q4. Whether the scholarship will be disbursed into the student account through college?
Ans. There is no involvement of college in the disbursement. The amount will be directly disbursed into the student account through DBT by the AICTE.
For more questions on this scholarship scheme, you can directly ask on this portal, here you will get all answers related to it.