What is Pragati Scholarship AICTE
It is a scholarship for girls to pursue higher education after the 12th if they are eligible for the scholarship. Unlike PMSSS Scholarship the difference between Pragati Scholarship is that students (girls) have to take admission in any AICTE affiliated college and simultaneously apply for the scholarship whereas in pmsss selection of college is the counselling process only.
What is the Scholarship amount for Pragati Scholarship
INR 50,000 per year is given to the student which can be utilized as per her priorities.
The amount will be given for 4 years to the students who are applying from the First year and the degree is for 4 years. For lateral entry, students will get 50,000 every 3 years till the end of graduation.
Though the amount is not enough to compensate the fees of colleges it really gives some relief to the parents who are not enough capable to pay such high fees.
The scholarship will be paid through DBT and no proof of expenditure is required to be shown.
Eligibility criteria for Pragati scholarship
This scholarship is given to girls who fulfill these criteria's :
- Students should have taken admission in the First Year of the college or studying in the 2nd year of the college if applying through the lateral entry of the scholarship.
- Family income should not be greater then or equal to 8 Lakhs per year
- The income certificate for the current academic year needs to be proved.
- Only two girl children from one family are eligible.
How many total seats are available under Pragati Scholarship
A total of 5,000 scholarships are introduced per year under this scheme for pursuing the First year of Degree level courses or the Second year of Degree level courses through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institutions.
From all the states total of 5000 students are given the scholarship and from Union Territories, like Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, etc all eligible students are given the scholarship.
What is the last date of the Pragati Scholarship 2021 2022
The last Date of the online application form was on 30 Nov 2021
The last date for Document Verification was 15 Dec 2021
The last date for Institute verification was on 15 Dec 2021
How can I apply for Pragati Scholarship 2021 2022
Follow steps to apply for the scholarship
- Click the APPLY NOW button below to visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Register your account by filling in all the necessary details like scholarship type, state, category, Aadhar card details.
- Register your account and fill in all the bank details.
- Apply for the scholarship and save the form for your future reference.
APPLY NOW for Pragati Scholarship Scheme